The main objective of the MyndFlex Academic Support and Enrichment program is to enable students to work independently on their homework with attention, focus and slowly but surely in a time conscious manner. Our experienced and enthusiastic staff are readily available to assist students and we constantly reinforce the importance of penmanship, grammar/punctuation, spelling and overall appearance of the homework as well.
Our Grade 1-6 Enrichment Curriculum is updated to align with the Common Core Standards. Students will review and learn grade level academic concepts via real life hands-on activities that require problem solving abilities, communication, and learning to work as a team member. All activities will be guided by a teacher, with some paper-pencil tasks. Children will benefit by honing their school skills in a fun manner. Indoor and outdoor play time will also be included in the choices offered after school.
In addition to homework support and academic enrichment, students are encouraged to join our Critical Reading and Writing programs offered throughout the year.
Expanded Learning at MyndFlex
MyndFlex is committed to providing hand-on, engaging experiences that develop the academic, social and emotional needs and interests of students. Writing that fosters creativity and self expression, activities/games that develop social-emotional intelligence and interactive science enrichment will be offered on Fridays.
Highlights of the Program
- Homework is seen as an important learning component and an extension of the classroom
- Students are expected to complete their homework with focus, attention to detail and in a timely manner
- Students who are struggling academically are ‘re-taught’ concepts by enthusiastic and capable tutors
- Academic enrichment provided in Math, Reading Comprehension, Language Arts and Writing
- Hands-on learning in Science provided by other educational non-profit organizations such as MOAH and Science for Youth