The main objective of the MyndFlex Academic Support and Enrichment program is to enable students to work independently on their homework with attention, focus and slowly but surely in a time conscious manner. Our experienced and enthusiastic staff are readily available to assist students and we constantly reinforce the importance of penmanship, grammar/punctuation, spelling and overall appearance of the homework as well.
Our Grade 1-6 Enrichment Curriculum is updated to align with the Common Core Standards. Students will review and learn grade level academic concepts via real life hands-on activities that require problem solving abilities, communication, and learning to work as a team member. All activities will be guided by a teacher, with some paper-pencil tasks. Children will benefit by honing their school skills in a fun manner. Indoor and outdoor play time will also be included in the choices offered after school.
Highlights of the Program
- Homework is seen as an important learning component and an extension of the classroom
- Students are expected to complete their homework with focus, attention to detail and in a timely manner
- Students who are struggling academically are ‘re-taught’ concepts by enthusiastic and capable tutors
- Academic enrichment provided in Math, Reading Comprehension, Language Arts and Writing
- Hands-on learning in Science provided by other educational non-profit organizations such as MOAH and Science for Youth